Tuesday 15 May 2012

011 Classic C64 (Refill)

There are great free sample resources out there and many thanks to the few who spend hours sampling, trimming and looping audio files for no financial gain. We salute you!

BPB have created a series of three Commodore 64 sample packs which I found myself cooing over lately, I used to love my old C64. The unique sounds on offer are a product of the SID chip found on the hardware running the Mono Synthesizer program. Please see the relevant pages on the BPB blog for more details. Here are the three pages containing the samples which also contain a brief description of their contents.

Commodore 64 Synthesizer Sessions Part 1
Commodore 64 Synthesizer Sessions Part 2
MSSIAH Drummer sample pack (for drums)

What has that got to do with Reason I hear you cry? The Sample Packs only contain the raw audio waves so I have mapped these to the Reason samplers (mainly NN-19s but one instance of NN-XT and a ReDrum). I have also created a couple of Combinators which may be of interest and packaged everything up in a Refill. These files reference a separate Refill containing all the samples which I am not distributing here for obvious reasons. All you need to do is download the files and create your own Refill yourself (like I have done). The file structure I have used is as follows which you need to follow so the patches look for the samples in the right place:


The Refill:

Classic C64 Patches.rfl

The Skin (courtesy of http://william.lamy.free.fr/reason/):


No comments:

Post a Comment